Firework

As fireworks filled the empty sky, my mother felt her tummy was exploding too. And surprise! A life form came out of my mother’s womb. Since then, fireworks remind me of my birthday. (Though I was actually born in Jan. 1, lunch time)

While the rest of the world is waiting for firework display, I am not excited for obvious reason- I’m getting old. To some, it is a moment when they think of how well they did the past year. To me, it is a recollection of my entire life. Okay, I am getting old , so is the world but my life keeps getting better. While my high school classmates said that they had more fun moments in grade school, my high school life was way better. While most people agree that high school life is the best, I have more cherished memories in college. People of my age said they miss college life but I like my life now. I am enjoying my independence, my quest for my unknown fate, my constant question on my purpose in life. Life has been good to me even if I complain a lot and even if I have a lot of reasons to be dissatisfied. Sometimes, I feel insufficient. I just look at my life ten years ago, what I was like. Whew! I came a long way to be where I am right now. When insecurities lurk in the corner of my mind, I seek advice to my inner goddess. She says, β€œYour measurement of success is not based on what you have achieved and what others have not. But it’s what you are now in comparison to what you were.

PicMonkey Collage (1)

Looking back, there are some things I don’t really deserve to have. I just pray to God Β and negotiate with Destiny. This thought alone makes me grateful for whatever life has to offer. As I welcome another year, I have much optimism that life will be better.

Happy New Year everyone! May youΒ ignite the light and let it shine and be a firework in the sky.

1. ResidentPatriot
    Jan 08, 2013 @ 13:03:40

Happy Birthday na, happy new year pa…belated πŸ˜€

2. johnreiner
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 08:55:18

“When insecurities lurk in the corner of my mind, I seek advice to my inner goddess.”

Inner goddess talaga ha. Happy birthday Jackie! Natuwa naman ako na kasama ako sa photo collage πŸ˜€

• jackieB
      Jan 04, 2013 @ 15:14:10

Oo naman sa dami ng pictures natin….pwede bang di kita isama? hehe Happy New Year John! Looking forward for more ‘food tripping’ with you πŸ˜€

3. June
    Jan 02, 2013 @ 00:13:09

Hey, Heypi Birthday! Happy New Year! Happy New Blogging Year! πŸ˜‰

4. Lapiskamay
    Jan 01, 2013 @ 10:21:54

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year Jackie!

5. Kim Pauig
    Jan 01, 2013 @ 07:32:51

Happy, happy birthday, Ate Jack! More blessings to come πŸ˜€

6. Marya
    Jan 01, 2013 @ 05:03:34

Happy Birthday Ate Jack! Hahah….
    Happy New Year too…

Impernes, marami kang nagawa last year — plays, concert, story telling…kalandian at iba pang churva…Congrats!

Looking forward to watching more shows, plays, etc. featuring the one and only you… πŸ™‚

7. Rhence