Reply to a Friend who is in need of a kiss

Dear Friend,

You asked me if I knew how to kiss, as if I could give you a demo or a free taste.

Do lovers hold hands?

Do they embrace?

How often?

How long?

Questions of a girl who has never exchanged glances with a guy or has exchanged sweet nothings.

If you have fallen in love with so many men, then you haven’t loved at all. And the pain you get from unrequited love as what you claim is nothing more but fleeting passion that has not been received like a die-hard fan ignored by her celebrity crush. It is not even as painful as one gets from a letter with no response.

Girls often envy those who have relationship status. They think those girls who have been touched and been kissed are lucky. But in truth you are lucky.

Why?

Because your heart is still a one whole piece. Some who have been there don’t have scars in their hearts but holes. Scars are better than holes. For when a scar is born, it means it stops bleeding. But if it is still a hole, an open wound, it bleeds continuously.

You said you wished you had romantic moments to look back. Why wish for dying memories? It’s tragic to look back and exciting to look forward. And those who have been there are not really as excited as you will be.

You feel bad because no one said, “I love you.” It will always be magical to hear those words but it feels worse when someone said “I love you.” Then, “Goodbye.”

I hope one day you’ll find your Mr. Right who will laugh with you and will laugh at you. And of course with your wicked smile, you will laugh at him too. If you watch a chick flick together, he will watch your useless tears more than the movie itself.

Yes, love hurts. And I am not exaggerating that. We always say there are many fish in the sea and stars in the sky but we know we are lying. A dynamite can kill a school of fish and stars have life span too. See statistics.

I know no man is irreplaceable as what you and Beyonce said. But Katy Perry told me each of us is original, cannot be replaced.

You don’t believe in forever. Sure, you don’t. But when you experience something beautiful you will believe not only in forever, but in everything.

So, take the advice of John Carter: ”Find a cause. Fall in love. Write a book.” I am not bitter and selfish when I say, “Everyone deserves a broken heart.” Trust me, it’s for your own good.

If you come to me crying, I know those tears are not for a man but tears for true love, tears coming from a woman who has loved genuinely and selflessly. And that’s when you know love.

1. Marya
    Nov 26, 2012 @ 13:53:52

Naks Jacklyn, tuwing napapadpad ako dito, laging Reply to a Friend ang Top Post. Hehehe

2. realdale
    Nov 26, 2012 @ 00:21:12

“Scars are better than holes. For when a scar is born, it means it stops bleeding. But if it is still a hole, an open wound, it bleeds continuously.”

epic! I love that line. 😀

3. theworshipwarriorbride
    Aug 14, 2012 @ 06:13:42

“If you have fallen in love with so many men, then you haven’t loved at all.”

A friend of mine once said, “being into a romantic relationship several times with different men before getting married is a sign of immaturity. Because that may indicate that you don’t really know what you like.”

And I must say I totally agree with what you said and with what my friend said…Love must not be a trial and error experience. 🙂

Nice post.

• JackieB
      Aug 14, 2012 @ 23:24:46

true, a sign of immaturity and it also shows lack of taste hehe *kidding….it’s better to slowly fall because every time we do, we throw a portion of our hearts 🙂

• theworshipwarriorbride
        Aug 15, 2012 @ 01:20:17

hehe “lack of taste” hmmm…tomo! Well yung iba naman kasi are entering into romantic relationships without them knowing that what they are really looking for is a mother/father figure. Hihihi 🙂

4. dame016
    May 27, 2012 @ 15:25:23

Awww, she is lucky, but to be hurt because of love is one of the most profound experiences in this world. 😉

5. Gypsy Mary
    May 22, 2012 @ 16:19:11

Haha. Jak, ewan ko sa yo. Kanino ba galing yang mga linyang yan?parang nabasa ko na. Wahaha. Grabe ka naman. Yung friend mong yun, nasaktan na rin. Hindi mo lang alam. Yung friend mong yun, umiyak na rin. Malihim lang siya at umiiyak sa dilim. Bahala ka baka mag katotoo ang hula sa’yo. Believe when I say he’s not worth it. 😉

• JackieB
      May 22, 2012 @ 21:34:01

Hoy, I have to edit your comment again haha parang kelangan mo yata ng censorship lagi hehe…..kasi my blog is not password protected. Anybody can read, you know 🙂 Some things are easier said when you haven’t been there(*emo) Wag ka magalala ..wala na talagang hope kasi wala ng possibility :p

6. Lapiskamay
    May 22, 2012 @ 11:56:19

lovely. so nakamove.on na pla u from the Millennium bug. hehe

7. JackieB
    May 22, 2012 @ 02:53:17

because you never believed that i fell in love hehe

8. johnreiner
    May 22, 2012 @ 02:05:15

Why is it like you’re talking to yourself here? Hehehe 🙂